Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sauteed Corn and Cherry Tomatoes with Balsamic Vinegar

Tonight I had some corn and cherry tomatoes that I needed to use up, so I made my favorite summertime corn recipe. I found it in the newspaper a few years ago and make it frequently.

Sauteed Corn and Cherry Tomatoes with Balsamic Vinegar
3 or 4 ears of corn
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half if they're big
1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
salt (to taste)

Cut the corn kernels off the cobs and cut up tomatoes, if necessary. Saute corn in olive oil, stirring frequently, until it is slightly browned. Add tomatoes and sautee for a few more minutes. Add garlic and saute briefly until it's aromatic (maybe 30 seconds) and then add balsamic vinegar. Stir until mixture is coated and liquid has mostly boiled off and then remove from heat. Serve warm or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment