Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ms Slowsky/Old Biddy Syndrome

First off, I know I haven't published much in a while. This is partly because I have been watching the "Game of Thrones" first season DVD's, and partly because aliens have stolen my metabolism and replaced it with that of a garden slug on a slow day, so I have very little energy and look like shit - puffy eyes, face and throat. I look like I haven't slept in a week, which isn't the case. My brain is moving slowly and when I do make it to the gym my legs feel like lead. Hopefully this is not a permanent situation.
I went to see my doctor yesterday. She ordered some bloodwork, but I don't have the results yet. It could be allergies, or anemia, low thyroid, low vitamin D and/or just a delayed reaction to Rugrat's death. I'm supposed to take iron, adjust my vitamin D dosage if necessary (Dr. is very into Vitamin D, which is perhaps not surprising given the amount of cloud cover than Ithaca usually gets), test different over the counter allergy meds, and possibly more, depending on the results of my bloodwork. In other words, I have the middle aged woman flu, aka Old Biddy Syndrome. I'll report back once I get the bloodwork
Postscript a few days later: I started taking iron and Claritin. I didn't notice much change with the Claritin, but I noticed a huge change in my energy level once I started taking the iron. Who'da thought....

For those of you who live in CA, do you remember the Comcast ads featuring the "Slowsky's"? Anyway, I am Ms. Slowsky these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment