Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Chicken Black Bean Chili

I don't make chili very often - I've got a weird aversion to ground meat, especially ground beef. My brother sent me some turbo charged chile powder (New Mexico chiles with enough ghost chiles to give it a serious kick, aka green ghost powder) so I decided to make some. I opted to use boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of ground meat. And, since I had canned black beans, I used those. It came out way better than I expected. The chicken fell apart into nice shreddy pieces and I am already planning on making it again soon.

Old Biddy's "No Pink Slime Plz" Chicken Chili

2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" cubes
1 1/2 red bell peppers, chopped
Taco seasoning
olive oil for sauteeing
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ghost chile/New Mexico chile powder (this stuff is hot!)
3 cloves garlic
3 cans black beans
salt and pepper to taste

Sprinkle taco seasoning on chicken cubes. Brown chicken and peppers and place in crock pot. Add remaining ingredients and a bit of water. Cook on high for several hours until chicken is falling apart and beans are soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment