Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Butt-ugly

When I was in grad school, my advisor had a butt-ugly pair of bright green pants which he wore often.  He would pair them with either a shirt in the exact same shade of green, or, when his wife was out of town, he'd wear a bright raspberry colored shirt.  He is tall and skinny, and was in his mid-40's at the time.  It was not a good look for him and we were kind of amused by it.  I suspect he knew this and did not care.   Green was his favorite color.
Now that I am almost the same age, I kind of understand the motivation behind the green pants. I went to the outlet mall today.  It is my excuse to take a drive along the lake.  Anyway, I needed a new pair of jeans since my favorite ones got threadbare and developed an embarrassing rip at the crotch.  I wasn't too thrilled with the ones I tried, but on a whim I tried on a pair of purple micro-corduroy jeans from the sale rack.  I bet you can figure out where this is going.  Sure enough, they fit well and I liked them.  A lot. I don't think I would've paid full price for them, but they are fucking awesome.  I'm going to wear them to work and I know the students are going to be amused by it and I do not care.  Yes, it's true, I am turning into my PhD advisor.

No comments:

Post a Comment