Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Friday, January 24, 2020

Snarky Fangirling Lia Ices

I was listening to my usual Amazon Prime music station in lab the other day and a song that I'd never heard before came on.  I played it several times in a row and liked it even more each time.
The singer, Lia Ices, is a singer songwriter.  To me, her voice sounds like a young Sinead O'Connor sang a Cocteau Twins song, but there are also similarities to Kate Bush, Tori Amos, and Florence and the Machine. 
After listening to a bunch or her songs, I looked her up. Dear readers, if she didn't sounds like an angel I would be seriously snarky because she seriously does not fit my image of someone who sounds like Sinead O'Connor meets Cocteau Twins. I don't hate people because they're beautiful but I could almost come close here because her life is so over that top that I'd like to trade places with her for a few days.  She's got that tall pretty bohemian look and is married to a heir to the Mariani dried fruit empire who owns an organic vineyard in Northern California.  There were multiple articles about her in Vogue, including her snark-worthywedding, her makeup routine, etc etc.  She's been recording music since 2008, but since I'm an out of touch old biddy who doesn't read Vogue I was totally clueless. 
Here's the song that got me hooked despite being a cranky old biddy who'd be shocked that her favorite new artist is a rich girl Vogue Instagrammer type. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfrwEyyRsIY

No comments:

Post a Comment