Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Saturday, July 18, 2009

One Small Step...

It's almost the 40th anniversary of the moon landing, which means that it's almost time for another important anniversary. Yep, I'm talking about me starting toilet training.
On July 20, 1969, my mom was watching the Apollo 11 moon landing on tv. I was 7 months old. She was 2 months pregnant with my brother. It was a hot humid July day in the Washington DC suburb where we lived. It must've been time for me to pee or poop, and my mom decided to put me on my little baby potty and see what happened. The astronauts did their thing, and I did my thing. Mission accomplished, or at least, mission begun.
In my mind, I like to imagine that she put me on the potty right when Neil Armstrong was giving his "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" speech. I'll have to ask her. Most likely it was during one of the more boring moments.
So, of course, because of the moon landing, I get to hear this story every year. Now it's your turn. Hah hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment