Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pussy Wagon: 12 hours until departure

The movers came today.  It took them about 3 1/2 hours to pack everything. This was longer that I expected.  I worked in the yard while they packed.  They went through 30 rolls of tape and 5 rolls of saran wrap.  All I could hear was the sound of tape being wrapped around stuff.
My house is mostly empty now.  It echoes a lot more than the last few times it was empty, since I no longer have carpet or linoleum.  The cats are a bit weirded out by it. They both didn't come in until 4 hours after the movers left.  Now Rugrat is wandering around the house like a lost soul and is complaining. I'm not surprised - she does this any time there's change.  Luna is hanging out outside pretending not to care.  I feel sort of bad that this is her last day in the yard.  I know she's very attached to it. 
At the moment, I'm just tired.  The last few days have been a whirlwind.  I've been mostly in a good mood, since I've enjoyed seeing my friends at the various goodbye functions.  Ever so often, random moments of sadness or crankiness sneak in.  I suspect that I'll be sad once I slow down. It's been such a crappy year that I am probably number than I'd be if I were just moving but didn't have all the other emotional baggage. Yes, the pussy wagon is packed full up with baggage, both figuratively and literally.
I should clean but I am too tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment