Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pussy Wagon: Recap

The pussy posse and I survived the cross country road trip in the pussy wagon.  The cats and my mom held up better than I did, but then again, I was driving.  I was pretty brain dead at the end of each day and didn't have time to collect my thoughts, so I didn't blog nearly as much as I expected.
Anyway, the cats did much better than I expected. I drugged them on the first day but didn't do so for the rest of the trip.  Luna was a trooper.  During the drive, she'd come out of her box to use the litter box or look around, but didn't meow too much or get in my way.   Rugrat was not happy on the first day.  She complained a lot, tried to climb on me, etc, etc, as we went over the Sierras. We stopped for lunch and when we returned to the car, Rugrat had clmbed into Luna's cat carrier with Luna.  After that, she was mostly fine, except for one time. They adapted surprisingly well to being in motel rooms, but seemed to like some rooms better than others. Fortunately, they like the current one pretty well, and are more relaxed after not having to be on the road today.















I was mostly fine with my mom during the trip. She helped a lot with the cats, keeping me from getting lost in my thoughts, and with providing support duties for me (handing me food and drinks, changing CD's, etc).  My patience levels dropped towards the end of the trip, especially when I was tired or hungry. Days 4 and 6 were the worst.  I won't bore you with the details - you know she's high maintenance and you know I get cranky when I drive a lot and when I don't pay attention to my blood sugar levels. She can certainly push my buttons, though.   Anyway, she definitely distracted me from being depressed about leaving CA and moping about T, even if crankiness just replaced sadness.
The one thing I did wonder about, as she drove me crazy, was how much I have the same behaviors. I know I do on occasion.  I guess many women have a fear or turning into their mothers, and I am no exception.  I wondered if I annoyed T on car trips the same way that my mom was annoying me.  I didn't brood on it too long, since he is a shithead anyway, and if he stayed with me as long as he did it couldn't have been that extreme.  But it did make me aware of those behaviors.
As I'm writing this, I'm listening to my iPod.  My mom's watching TV and has no clue that I can't hear her when she talks to me.  Sigh.
I did the walk through today and close on the house tomorrow.  I won't have internet access at first, and it's the opening weekend of the World Cup so I may not post very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment