Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Black Friday retail ranting

 I sleep in the day after Thanksgiving and do not do any shopping, either online or in person.  That doesn't stop me from complaining, though.  In no particular order, here are my hot takes on retail.

I'm all for reducing the plastic waste problem and decreasing my carbon footprint.  In fact, I work on that for a living.   Nevertheless I'm sick of new on-line brands whose main selling point is reduced packaging for a relatively low volume item.  Yeah, your lotion bar that you will send me in a cardboard box with a bunch of possibly non-recyclable padding is so much greener than the bottle I buy at the grocery store when I do all my other shopping.  Get it in a grocery store or drugstore and I'll reconsider.

On-line retailers of cool gadgets, can we please agree that no one is going to be buying your widget more than once or twice a year so please STFU with the daily emails.  No I do not need another carpet lint remover just yet, please leave me alone.

Sorry, marketer of imperfect produce, I'm not going to order a box of it delivered from who knows where and convince myself I'm doing great things for the environment.  I'll let it be used for juice and frozen foods like it's always been. 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment