Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Monday, September 14, 2009

Window Remodel: Day 1

The first stage of the window remodel began today. Naturally, we got the first significant rain of the fall last night. Fortunately, it had stopped raining by the time that my contractor, John, showed up this morning. He's doing the windows in two batches of two, so today he started on the large ones.
He got a bunch of plywood and then removed all the trim from the interior. He mounted the plywood on the inside and then smashed out the glass from the outside and removed the exterior trim and metal window frames, and took the trash to the dump. He also locked himself out, so the key and his check were still there when I got home. This is pretty typical for John.
John is taking classes to become a paramedic, and he has classes on Tuesday, so the construction will resume on Wednesday. In the meantime, I've got plywood where my windows used to be. It's ok - nowhere near as bad as dealing with the kitchen or bathroom remodel.




I put the old drapes on the guest bed. They're older than I am, and I'm going to throw them away. I'll have to wait, though, because Luna has decided to make a nest in them.

1 comment:

  1. OK, so I have to admit it was time for new curtains...rain, huh? Can't be my fault. I'm still in MI.

    ReplyDelete