Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Friday, September 18, 2009

Windows Remodel: Day 3




John put in the first set of windows today and replaced the siding. It looks really nice. I feel much less exposed when I'm sitting on the couch surfing the internet and blogging. I probably could've gotten away with wider windows but I'm ok with the way it is. I had to get the super low-e coating to qualify for the stimulus money, so the windows are somewhat darker than standard double pane windows and are slightly reflective, so that looks a bit different at first but adds to the feeling of privacy during that day.
I'm pleased with John's work so far. I know he could've worked faster, but I appreciate having the house all zipped up at the end of each day and not having too much plywood up at any given time. Also, he knows the quirks of my house and that's helpful too. So far, it hasn't attracted the attention of the woman who lives down the street and works for the permit department, or perhaps she saw it but figures it's a "don't ask, don't tell" situation. Knock on (ply)wood!
I had a crappy day today. I majorly backslid and was pissed off at T. I had to go to the gym at lunch to work off a lot of my nervous energy. That helped, but by the time I came home I had slipped into a mopey phase, so it was like a giant breath of fresh air to see the windows.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article. 

    Universal Windows Las Vegas
    Sliding Windows

    ReplyDelete