Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blogging from the airport, part 2

I'm like a storm inducer whenever I travel.  I'm 3 for 3 on my trips this winter.  I hit a snowstorm in Colorado, torrential rains in SoCal, and now I'm causing disruption in the Midwest and East.
I'm at the Detroit airport. I'm trying to get to Ithaca by way of Syracuse.  So far it's not working.
I was originally scheduled to fly into Ithaca last night via Detroit.  Due to storms on the East Coast, the flight to Detroit was delayed by more than 2 hours.  I missed my flight to Ithaca and the next one was today at 2 PM.  It would've been worse if I had tried to fly through Philadelphia or Newark.  Those airports were practically shut down. I had scheduled to go through Detroit since Sheila always told me I could crash at her place if I get stuck here. As it turns out, that's what happened, with a very late night arrival and a very early morning departure (in theory), when she was still jet-lagged from coming back from SoCal.  On the plus side, I brought her lots of snow so she can go cross country skiing.
So now I'm waiting for the flight to Syracuse.  It's been delayed 2 hours already, and we've had three gate changes.  Once I get to Syracuse, I've got an hour drive to Ithaca. The prof who's interviewing me will be picking me up.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will get there.
Someone from my old company was supposed to join us tomorrrow, but he's stuck on the West Coast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment