Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Blogging from the airport, part 3

I'm at the Ithaca airport now.  My flight to Detroit is delayed 2 hours, which means I'll miss my connecting flight to San Francisco unless that's running late too.  I don't know about the weather, but there's a huge backlog of people trying to get to their destinations, and that's not helping things.  They told us we might not be able to get where we're going until Tuesday. It's Saturday now.  Great.
Anyway, this morning I got up, ate breakfast, and then walked over to Wegman's supermarket.  Several people told me I had to go check it out, and if I end up living here it's important that I have a good source of groceries.  Wegmans is massive.  It's like they combined a Safeway, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and CVS in one place, and by that I mean added them together into one giant store.  It is seriously massive and may help get me through Trader Joe's and Costco withdrawal. . Prices are good - along the lines of Trader Joe's and my beloved Pak N Save.  Sure, the gourmet stuff is pricier, but it's still a lot cheaper than Whole Foods.  There was even a small book section.  I bought the new Sookie Stackhouse novel and another book for my trip.  If I end up here in Ithaca and you come visit me, I am totally taking you to Wegman's.
After I went to Wegmans's, I stopped off at the Ithaca Farmer's market.  It's inside during the winter.  There were people selling winter veggies, eggs, cheese, bread, baked goods, and jewelry.  It was fun, but being full and being unable to transport stuff home kind of put a damper on things. 
I then walked up to Cornell again and walked around.  It is just ridiculously pretty there.  It was snowing lightly as I walked.  I was toasty warm in my grey Michelin Man down jacket, wool hat and gloves. I got back around 1:45 and had lunch at a Thai restaurant.  Then I came back to the hotel and went to the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment