Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolutions, 2011

Happy New Year, everyone! I got home in time to celebrate New Year's Eve with my cats.
Sheila reminded me about the tradition of eating foods associated with good luck on New Years' Day. In California we don't do that. As befits the land of reinventing oneself, we make New Year's resolutions instead. I am beginning to think that I like the food tradition better. However, it is too late for me since I already jinxed myself for 2011, so I might as well make some resolutions.
As I was cleaning up my blog tonight, I came across my resolutions from 2010, which were to love myself as best I could, not fear change, and have more fun. I succeeded at the middle one, and by some good weasel-wording, the first one. I'm not sure how well I did about having more fun. When I had time I was mopey-woman, and once I moved to Ithaca time was in short supply and I wasn't always good about going out and doing exciting new things. Nonetheless I am having fun. These were good resolutions, so I am continuing them for 2011.
Last year I did not make a diet and exercise resolution. I had enough on my plate (ha ha!) as it was. I do not regret that decision. It was the right one at the time. However, that has left me in need of a diet and exercise resolution this year. I am going to try to exercise three times a week (not counting my walk to the parking lot) and lose 10 lbs. It is nice to be able to worry about the small stuff again.

No comments:

Post a Comment