Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Random Musings on Ice Cream and East Coast Weather

I can't deny that my former home has some of the best weather in the world. It's not too hot, not too cold, not humid and usually sunny. There were times that I missed it this past winter and short spring. But there is something to be said for those late spring early summer days, in the afternoon, when it's threatening to rain. Everything is green and the air has a certain alive feel to it. Some may disagree, but days like this are my favorite time to go and get ice cream or coffee and sit outside enjoying the moment.
Back in grad school I used to go get coffee, or donuts, or ice cream in the afternoon, and go sit outside in the big courtyard while I enjoyed my snack. I did this a few days a week from probably April-October. Today I went out to get lunch, but it was late and it was slim pickings at the cafeteria, so I opted for ice cream instead. It was my first ice cream outing of the year, and between the ice cream and the way the air felt, I was reminded of my grad school afternoon breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment