Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Friday, August 10, 2012

I blame my thyroid

I've been on the thyroid medication for about 2 1/2 months.  It's amazing the difference it has made.  My symptoms became noticeable to me in March, and with 20/20 hindsight I could trace it back another year or so.  However, I've noticed improvements in things that could probably be traced back at least five or ten years, perhaps longer, and which I had no idea had any relationship to my thyroid.  I won't bore you with all the things that have improved, and it  would be verging on TMI, but I'll give you the highlights.  I've got a lot fewer aches and pains, my balance is better (it was getting worse, which I attributed to bad knees from soccer and being out of shape) and it's a lot easier to drag my lazy ass out of bed in the morning.
Things just creeped up on me, and I assumed that it was just because I was getting older, or could attribute my symptoms to other, completely logical causes.  Rest assured, I'm still a cranky old biddy, though.

PS When I first posted this, I forgot to mention the best change of all.  My shoulder is healing up and feels a lot better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment