Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Adieu, Mr. Cub

I bid adieu to Mr Cub tonight, via OKCupid email.  It wasn't going anywhere, so it was for the best.  For those of you who've talked to me or read the earlier posts, Mr Cub was my sexting buddy with whom I occasionally met in person.  We messed around a few times but did not have sex.   (He was very upfront about wanting to sext/Skype, etc, but was sort of weird about actual intercourse.) I hadn't heard from him in more than a week, and I had already decided it would be better if I cut things off.  He was entertaining and I liked him a lot but realized it wasn't working for me.  I would prefer to be in a relationship, but am not averse to having a friend with benefits on occasion.  I had thought that Mr Cub would be a good friend with benefits, but it did not work out that way.  My experience with him made me realize that it needs to either be with someone I already know, or someone who wants a casual friendship and not just pseudo-sex, or at the very least a player who is interested in sex and is up front about it.  Mr Cub was too complicated and too busy. 
I am a little sad, but I am glad that I was a proactive honey badger about it rather than participate in a mutual fadeaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment