Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nurse Cats

I fully expected Luna to be my nurse cat after surgery. We have a very tight bond and she's usually the one who snuggles up to me when I'm sick or upset. Much to my surprise, Rugrat was the nurse cat for the first few days. Anytime I was parked on the couch she was on my lap and carefully avoided the knee. At first I thought it was just business as usual, since she is a total lap cat, but she was there non-stop. Also, the fact that she did not try to get in my face and steal my food when I was eating was definitely not normal.
I am feeling better today so she let up on her vigil and went outside. Luna came over and took up the watch, sitting on the top of the scratching post next to the couch. Rugrat came back and they got in a rather heated fight over who got to sit on top of the scratching post and stare at me.
All this attention from the cats has been nice, but it is a bit of a relief that they've gotten a bit bored and are leaving me alone more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment