Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Friday, January 29, 2010

Last day

Today was my last day at work.  The VP of HR sent out the following message this morning.  The timing couldn't have been better.
 
Hello,

We want XYZ Technologies, Inc. to be a fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. Help us realize our vision of a world-class work environment by completing the 2010 XYZ Technologies Employee Engagement Survey. This survey is your opportunity to help shape the future of XYZ and improve your own work experience in the process.
Your feedback will be compiled and used to guide further positive changes across the company.

An independent firm, Useless Workplace is conducting the survey and tabulating results. Useless staff members will communicate the findings in a summary report to XYZ Technologies, Inc.. Useless does not release individual data to our firm or anyone else. Your honesty is critical and appreciated.

The survey will take less than 10 minutes to complete. If possible, try to finish in one session.

To access the online survey, click on this link or copy and paste it into your browser:
Please complete by March 2. If you have any questions or concerns about the survey, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Catbert


Catbert
Evil Vice President, Human Resources
XYZ Technologies
Sunnyvale, CA 94085


Needless to say, my responses were not positive.
Anyway, I went to work, I finished packing up my office, I said goodbye to everyone, I sent out a bunch of emails pertaining to the Cornell thing, I picked up my last paycheck with unused vacation pay and took it to the bank.  I took a few more books but resisted the urge to steal my office chair.  Then I turned in my badge and went to happy hour.

It still hasn't really sunk in yet.  There were moments when it did, but then it would pass.   It did hit me later as I was driving home from happy hour.  I'm sure the reality will sink in more next week, or after my trips.
Unfortunately, it did sensitize me enough so that it made me mope about T.  That seems to be my automatic reflexive response.  I'm not sure if it's a pressure relief mechanism or merely an indicator of deeper stress, or if it's just coincidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment