Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I don't normally make traditional New Year resolutions.  This is not because I am a paragon of self-acceptance.  Quite the opposite, in fact, but I am not a big anniversary person.  I am continually making and sometimes breaking resolutions throughout the year.  My useful resolutions tend to come at odd times, and sometimes I forget about them for a while.  For instance, one year I ran a 5k which was held at the same time as a half-marathon.  I decided that I wanted to run that half-marathon the next year.  But then I got on a big weightlifting kick for a while, so it wasn't until I got carpal tunnel from the weight lifting and even swimming was painful that I actually revisited my resolution and ran the half marathon.
But anyway, 2009 was a damned crappy year.  I am hoping for a better 2010.  Like it or not, change will happen, so I am making resolutions, sort of.  My vague, all-encompassing resolutions are that I'm going to try to love myself as best I can, not fear change, and have more fun. Hopefully, those resolutions will have the added side-benefit of me having more sex, although that's not why I chose them.
Sometimes I do a vague job-related one.  I have no choice this year.  I will try to find a job, and while I am looking I will keep myself busy in a myriad of ways.  This may include writing  proposals, either as a potential business plan/grant application or research proposals in case I end up doing an academic job search in the fall.  I may also help out some friends when they need some help for their fledgling business, do inexpensive house projects, or volunteer.
Sometimes I do a vague diet or exercise resolution, but I'm not going to do that this year.  I'm still on my body-acceptance/health at any size kick and will blog about it in a future post.  My only exercise resolution is to try to do my back/leg stretches every day.  They take about 5 minutes - that's only 5 games of Bejeweled Blitz. They make a huge difference, but I just hate to stretch. 
Anyway, happy New Year, everyone!  Here's hoping that 2010 is a good year for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment