Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Monday, April 19, 2010

Blogging from the airport, JFK edition complete with 80's music

I'm at the JFK airport now.  I've about halfway through a four hour layover.  I bought a paperback, ate lunch, and talked on the phone with Judy. She's also here at JFK, but she's at another terminal and one of us would have to go through security.  She got stuck in Europe due to the volcanic ash cloud.
Judy was amused when I told her about the monster house.  She did the same thing when she moved to Delaware.  Less than a year later she moved back to California.  Unfortunately, house prices went up a lot that year, and she was priced out of her old area.  Her experience is one reason I'm not selling my CA house.
I have a cold. I'm keeping myself well-drugged with Sudafed to get through the flights.
It's weird.  I've been so busy and preoccupied during this trip that I haven't been thinking abut T as much as usual.  That's a good thing, of course.  But when I do think about him, it hurts more.  I guess I'm just storing it up.
Finding a place to live wasn't the only reason for my visit.  My future boss and I were putting together an equipment proposal.  I think we made a strong case, but of course I am biased.  We sent it out this morning. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we get it. 
I had a strange realization as I was driving back to my motel last night.  I felt a little bit sad about leaving Ithaca.  I think that's a good sign. Not that I won't be sad to leave CA, of course, but I've never once had that 'OMG I don't want to live here!" feeling like I did about the other places I interviewed.
Time to go get coffee.  I'll blog more when I get back to California.

No comments:

Post a Comment