Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Sunday, April 19, 2009

In Detroit

I'm in Detroit now. I'm here for a conference and training class.. I'm still on California time and just got back from dinner, so there's no way I'm going to be able to sleep any time soon, so I'll blog.
The flights were ok. There was a screaming toddler in the seat behind me on the flight from Chicago to Detroit. She was not a happy baby. She screamed for most of the flight and then the whole time at the baggage claim area. (Sheila - that's what you heard in the background when you called! Now you know why I wasn't so talkative.)
My boss is here too. He's in the hotel room across from me, so I guess I won't be having any wild parties in my room. Oh well. We had dinner at a Greek restaurant. It was very good but there was way too much food. I did enjoy watching the flaming dessert with the "OPA"-exclaiming waiter. He had lung capacity similar to the Mexican soccer announcers ("Gooooooooooaaaaaaalllllllllllll!!!!!)
After the conference is done I'm going to visit Sheila. Yay! It was weird packing because I had to bring dressy work clothes for the conference and hiking gear for next weekend. I ran out of space so there's not much in between. The hotel website didn't mention a workout room (although they do have one), so I didn't bring my swimsuit or running shoes. Oh well. Well, the bathtub is calling me now - I'll write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment