Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Monday, February 14, 2011

Alma Mater Fundraising Fail

Dear Alma Mater Fundraising Geniuses,
On this fine Valentine's evening I was lying in the bathtub reading the Atlantic Monthly and relaxing when the phone rang. It was someone from my graduate alma mater, trying to fundraise, no doubt. I didn't pick it up.
Now, I realize that you are all a bunch of geeks just like me, but let me give you a piece of advice. Do not call on Valentine's Day. If I were spending it with that special someone, I would not want my nookie session interupted. If I were at home moping about it, I would not want to be reminded that I am such a big huge geek that I attended a school where they apparently think it's normal to fundraise on V-day evening. Even when I was in grad school I at least went out drinking with my buddies on V-day. There is just no way this would translate into a productive fundraising outcome for you.
Thank you!
-Old biddy, PhD 1994

No comments:

Post a Comment