Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Decision time

I had my interview at Normal Small Company (NSC) two days ago.  It was fine.  The technology was good, the business plan was sensible, and the people were nice. It was definitely in the top third of all the places that I've interviewed.  However, they would've had to hit a home run and really wow me.  That didn't happen.

I had a moment of doubt.   I hadn't realized they were planing to have an IPO at some point in the future.  Money is a good thing.  However, when I talked with the HR person, she said that stock options weren't given except to senior management. Uh, WTF?!?!  I'm from Silicon Valley, so I don't get out of bed, much less relocate 2000 miles, unless there are stock options involved.  Of course, she could've dug out of the hole she dug herself by telling me that salaries are very high, but she didn't.  She said that salaries were market rate, and didn't ask me what I made back at my old job.  I didn't get the impression that my salary would've been that high, assuming that I even got an offer.  They still have a few more candidates to interview, so it will be a few more weeks before I find out.

So in the end, it didn't come down to a close decision for me.  I gave my verbal acceptance of the other job before I had even gotten on the plane back to California.  Now it's official.

No comments:

Post a Comment