Total Pageviews

random musings of a crazy cat lady

Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring Cleanup

It's raining so I don't feel like working outside or going to Rancho.  In light of the fact that I may have to move cross-country in the near future, I decided to clean out my closets.  I filled up four kitchen sized garbage bags with clothes.  I was surprised by how much there was, considering I do a closet cleaning at least twice a year.  This time, however, I was more merciless than usual. If it didn't fit, I got rid of it.  I also targeted sentimental items, such as the gothy black velour tunic sweater I bought at the ACS meeting in New Orleans in 1996 and my two beautiful wool skirts that I'll never fit into again unless I lose 25 lbs AND get liposuction and a tummy tuck.  (Really.  My weight has all moved to my midsection.  I'm not really sure where it was before.  On my butt and thighs, I guess.)  I also targeted all the cute clothes that I bought a few years back when I was at my lowest weight and was dressing all cute when I went out with T.   I've been through this before.  On the hangers, I think they're cute but if I miraculously lost 25 lbs instantly, I'd put them on and realize they're out of style.  It did bring back a few memories, but it wasn't too bad. The fashion police will be glad to hear that I also got rid of some of the uglier but very comfortable items in my closet, like those ratty purple T-shirts and oversized sweaters with holes in them.
Now I'm tackling my perfume collection.  I went through a major perfume phase a few years ago. It mostly stopped when I started dating T, since he has major allergies. I have a huge collection of perfume and I don't know what to do with it.  Part of me just wants to get rid of most of it, but I know that my perfume tastes vary according to temperature and humidity, and that a lot of the heavier chypre scents work well on the East Coast but not so well out here.  My current compromise is to keep the stuff I paid full price for but donate all those bottles that came from garage sales and all those sample size ones.  I may also use them in my bathwater.
Luna's a little bit weird when it comes to perfume.  She wanted to smell them all, and once she was done doing that she curled up in the middle of all the perfume action and went to sleep.  Yes, she has asthma.  This is probably why.

No comments:

Post a Comment